If this past month were a geek contest, I'd win.

Sunday, July 31, 2011
I guess I haven't posted here in quite a while. The time seems to have flown by, yet so much has happened which I will try to record, for posterity's sake. ;)
At the end of June, Mom and Dad told my brother and myself that this summer would be "screen-free," which means no wii, no computer games, and limited facebook time. I wasn't really looking forward to it, but it hasn't been going too badly so far. We've kept ourselves quite busy lately, LIKE WITH OUR NEW OCARINAS!!! :D
My brother and I got these beauts
about two weeks ago, and they've been so much fun to learn! I've also really been keeping busy with my Zelda project. Recall the armor that I finished a few weeks (or is it months now?) ago? I've basically finished the entire costume now, and my brother and I are continuing to work on his Link cosplay. (cos-play verb /'käz,pla/ short for "costume play", is a type of performance art in which participants don costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea. Characters are often drawn from popular fiction in Japan.) We're planning a photo-shoot in August with my friend, who cosplays Sheik. When all is said and done, we'll be the coolest trio in Northern Saskatchewan! ...Mostly because we're the only cosplayers in Northern Saskatchewan. Oh well.

Oh, another thing that's "new with me," I got the chance to work at Bible Camp this summer! Actually, my entire family did. My brother, dad and I counseled, my mom worked in the kitchen. It was a really neat experience. I've counseled once before, but this was my first time as a senior counselor. I was pretty nervous about it, but was blessed with a really super junior counselor and a cabin of seven great girls. My JC (junior counselor) and I have been friends for a long time, as she's also a homeschooler and lives just outside my town, but somehow we really hit it off at camp. The chance to get to know her better may just be the highlight of my summer.

In other news, I've been drawing a lot lately (big surprise) and while I'm on a Zelda fanart streak, thought I'd share what I've been up to.

2 comments:

  1. Rose said...:

    I thought you WERE a Zelda fanart streak, Anna!

  1. Link said...:

    where did you get that ocarinas? *-*
    AND: thank you so much for your tutorial for shieks harp! gonna costly shiek at "Leipziger Buchmesse" in march next year in Leipzig, germany :)