...And thus begins my last year of school.

Sunday, September 25, 2011
I'm sorry I haven't posted any new updates on my life lately. My days seem to be getting smaller and more cramped. It's beginning to make me feel claustrophobic. I started school four weeks ago (even as I write that I can hardly believe it's been that long) and truly thought this year would be a breeze. My subject load looked pretty slack from the "outside." Now not so much. Calculus is tougher than I thought it would be (and it hasn't even gotten to the juicy stuff yet), I don't even know how I managed to finish both advanced mathematics and physics before 8:30 a.m. last year. Maybe I've gotten stupider over the summer. I hope not, because I still have to pass German. I am taking German by correspondence through Athabasca University this year. That's another subject that I figured would be a cinch. Guess I didn't notice the word "university" when I signed up. This course is definitely no kiddy curriculum. I can pretty much take the course on my own schedule, the only rule is that I must complete yea-many oral and written exams over the semester. I've done one oral exam and one written exam so far. The oral one is done on the phone with my tutor, the written one is emailed to Athabasca for them to grade. Thankfully, my tutor is a pretty great guy, very easy-going and makes me feel at ease. I'm quite confident that I'll be thankful that I've taken this course once I'm done. For now, though, I'm getting kind of overwhelmed. (One big plus about taking German is bëing äble tö writë with ümlauts. ;) )
I think maybe being homeschooled all my life has spoiled me. I'm used to being able to have any time after 1:00 p.m. to myself, now that just isn't possible. It'll take some adjustment, but I think I'll survive this school year. (I sure hope so, because I've already bought a grad dress!)

0 comments: